среда, 24 ноября 2010 г.

the fry chronicles


"I like words - strike that, I love words - and while I am fond of the condensed and economical use of them in poetry, in song lyrics, in Twitter, in good journalism and smart advertising, I love the luxuriant profusion and mad scatter of them too.

А вот это улыбнуло в связи с работой:

"I don’t doubt for a minute that my publishers have already made it clear in the small print of the contract I signed with them that I, the author, am responsible for all lawsuits appertaining to, but not restricted to, emetic and bodily fluid damage to electronic reading devices in this and all territories.

So I am sailing between the Scylla of protecting the wholly reasonable privacy of friends and colleagues and the Charybdis of causing you, the reader, to sick up.

It is a narrow course, and I shall do my best to steer it safely."

Такое чувство, что автор разговаривает с читателем. Он что-то говорит, а ты в ответ размышляешь, подыскиваешь правильные слова, делишься своими выводами. Огорчаешься, удивляешься, улыбаешься.

Читаю, шуршу словарём (электронным, но от этого ещё более приятным), думаю о том, что женщина всё-таки любит ушами и горе от этого косноязыким волооким тарзанам. А ещё тут есть фотография Хью Лори с подсвеченными ушами.

If you wish to know more about Stephen, you are strongly advised to turn page one and start reading...

Комментариев нет: